a serene and laid back approach to a master bath.
I was drawn to natural elements, warmth and clean design choices. I think all of that is represented in our overall master bath design and the simple addition of decor adds just enough hom
I designed these custom white oak floating vanities with our custom cabinet manufacturer. They have push to open drawers and a floating bottom shelf – which makes them really clean. We matched the vanities and built linen towers across from them for additional storage, trash and cleaning supplies. Also with push to open doors. Kids have yet to figure it out – so no worries of littles getting in 🙂
Our slab mirrors were custom made so they fit like a glove right on top of our counter splash and go right below our crown. It makes the space bright and I love how finished it looks.
I selected the same Caesarstone in our kitchen – Calacatta Nuvo Honed (quartz) for our master bath and did an 8″ splash to accommodate the wall mounted faucets. The subtle veining is warm and adds some extra sophistication that I think these vanities needed.
A few recessed lights and two (3) light iron sconces set into our vanity mirrors. These were from Shades of Light and crazy affordable.
I loved the idea of keeping the wood floor in here to make it warm – the wood floor is also softer to touch than a tile. It adds a lot to this space and I’m so glad I did it.
- Our wood floor flows into our master bath in front of our vanities and tub
- Tesoro Anthology tile in Ivory in various sizes in/around our shower
We did all Kohler in our house and Ferguson Showrooms worked with us on an amazing plumbing package. We have a mix of black and brass throughout our home, but I liked black in our master. The high contrast and grounding feeling of black works well with all the light warm tones.
- Kohler Purist Suite in matte black – vanities are wall mounted which make an elevated statement
- Kohler Freestanding Tub & Tub Filler
- Surround sound – a must! Ray LaMontagne is on repeat for me in the mornings.
- Heated floor tiles – you know for those 2 weeks out of the year.
- Indoor/outdoor shower set up
- Drywall cubbies at our vanities with oak floating shelves
I did an IGTV tour – which you can via my instagram @workyourcloset
SHOP this post: