Hi sweet Work Your Closet readers! This is Sara and Vicky from Juke and Grain. We are so excited to be posting for Jamie today while she is having a blast on vacation! I, Vicky, work at Rifle with Jamie and she has been an incredible help and motivation for me behind the scenes for Juke and Grain. Jamie is one of the sweetest people and I love being able to look at her closet in person everyday! Also, I just cannot wait to meet her little nugget on the way – BABIES!
A little about us! We both love fashion, traveling, design, food and everything pretty. We decided to join friend forces to create our little babe, Juke and Grain. We met about 2 1/2 years ago through our hot musician hubby’s and while we are thankful they married us, we are more thankful they introduced us to each other 😉 We are separated by about 1,000 miles (what feels like 1,000,000 miles) right now and we are so excited for the day we get to be together again!
As we were playing with ideas on what to share with you guys, there was one idea that stuck with us: items to splurge on. As we asked around, a lot of other ladies wanted to know what staples to spend a little more on. We are all faced with the question: to buy or not to buy that $368 Marc Jacobs bag you’ve been eyeing for YEARS?
Here are some of our dream picks to build a wardrobe that could last years:
1. AllSaints Leather If I (Vicky, here!) could shop at 1 place the rest of my life, AllSaints would be that place. We recommend investing in a leather jacket that you absolutely love. Whether it’s from a thrift store or from Nordstrom, you’ll never regret it. I wear my BCBG leather with just about everything.
2. Ray-Ban Aviators Ray-Bans last forever and a classic shape like an aviator or a wayfarer will never, ever get old. Find a fit and style that works for you and treat yourself to some amazing sunglasses that you’ll have forever.
3. Marc Jacobs Handbag A classic black handbag is something that we’ve always been told is a staple to any gal. We are firm believers of that statement and we think this one is the perfect compliment to any outfit.
4. Fossil Boyfriend Watch A boyfriend watch is the perfect addition to jeans & a tee OR a gorgeous LBD. We love this gold color! A lovely silver or rose-gold would also be a great investment to make. I mean, who says you can’t have all 3 colors?!
5. Stila Lip Stain This lip stain is top notch. It’s not too big of a splurge but a lot of ladies don’t love spending more than $20 on a lip color. This one? So worth it. It’s not lying when it says “stay all day” I’ve seen 4 colors in person and they are all absolutely stunning. It leaves a little shine but it’s mostly matte so it’s perfect for day AND night.
6. 7 For All Mankind Denim A nice pair of dark denim can go a long, long way. 7 For All Mankind makes some of the nicest fitting jeans but they certainly come at a price. Find a fit that works for you and buy all the pairs! You can dress them up, down, and feel great while doing it. Buying nice denim saves so much in the end because they last so much longer, too!
7. Jeffrey Campbell Booties What girl hasn’t dreamed of owning 1,000 pairs of Jeffrey Campbell’s? Besides that, a nice pair of boots can take you really far in life. Or just in fashion but either way, invest! A basic bootie with a low heel is great for travel, work, shopping, lunch, or meeting Adam Levine. But really, they are Sara approved, as she loves to rock her Campbell’s!
Thank you guys for reading! It was so fun to share our dreamy wishlist for staples that everyone should invest in someday. We can’t say thank you enough to Jamie for letting us take over her blog for the day – come visit us at Juke & Grain and follow us on Instagram for the latest updates!
Sara & Vicky