We just attempted our first family road trip and we’re contemplating another, so I’d thought I’d share some useful tips here:
1. First things first – Pump adaptor! Kept me comfortable and the babe fed.
2. A/C is typically on full blast (especially here in FL) so a comfy long leg but short sleeve jumper is perfect to keep the little in. I even gave Hudson a thin blanket to cuddle with.
3. Toys – think outside the box. He loved his rattles and crinkle books, but an un-opened bag of gummy bears was far more entertaining and for more than just 10 mins. Oh, water bottles are great! Ok, books too.
4. Pit stops – to stretch everyone’s legs (unless the babe is sleeping). But we usually stopped for a snack/bathroom/gas when he was awake. We took him out of his seat for a bit – changed his diaper etc. He loved the chaos at Chik-fil-a 🙂
5. Cold teethers are always a favorite. Toss a couple in a cooler.
6. Dr. Brown Bottles – they help eliminate air bubbles, since burping in a carseat is pretty
difficult hard to do.
7. Be prepared. Set realistic expectations – If your babe hates the car seat then expect to hear about it. If your kid doesn’t nap, come to entertain.
Leave a Reply